Monday, March 28, 2011

We Played Cards at the Gym

Aren't we lucky?  Our trainer really knows how to show us a good time!  Here's how the game went:
After a 20 minute warm up (walk/jog intervals), Jeff pulled out a deck of cards.  He explained that each suit represented a different exercise.  When he pulled a card out we would do the exercise that suit represented the number of times listed on the card (for example, 8 of hearts=8 push ups).  The four exercises were push-ups, jumping jacks, leg lifts (lie on your back and lift both legs to 90 degrees, then lower them back to the ground), and squats.  The two jokers were 2 minute runs on the treadmill.  We went through the whole deck.  (Jacks were 11 reps, Queens 12, Kings 13, Aces 14).  We ended our little game with 20 minutes of intervals on the bike (where Darin is still trying to get the mileage past 3.99.  We think it might be rigged!).  At the end of the night my legs were jello, my arms were shaking and there was sweat covering my whole body.  I felt really weak...until Jeff did the math for us.  We did 104 of all of the exercises, totalling 416 reps.  At that point I felt really strong!  The card game was a fun way to switch things up; although I'll admit there were times throughout the game that were less than fun (like when we got a push up card three times in a row, totalling 25...yikes).  

In other news, my comments aren't showing up on your blogs (other 100 day heart challenge participants).  I have commented on all of your blogs.  They show up, and then when I go back to read a new entry my comment is no longer there.  I'm trying to get it worked out because I feel like I'm getting to know all of you better and I want to show my support of your journey...it's just not working.  So...until it gets worked out, know that I love reading your blogs and love to see you on Thursday mornings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment