Sunday, April 17, 2011

An "AHA" moment

Thursday at class Mindy talked about fiber, then stress.  At the very end of class she had us do some "target practice".  She handed us a bullseye.  In the center circle was our circle of control.  The circle outside of that was our circle of influence, then our circle of concern (that over which we have no control).  The exercise was very short, but I had the biggest light bulb moment.  As I filled in the outermost circle I realized that everything I have lost sleep over, stressed about, and had anxiety over in the past couple of years has belonged in that outer circle (over which I have no control).  It felt so good to let all of that stress go and realize that my time and energy needs to be spent in the center circle, focusing on making good choices (in all areas of my life) and letting the outer circle do its thing.    
I am so grateful to be a part of this challenge.  I was thinking the other day about what a great blessing this has been...to have access to so much valuable information, a gym, a trainer, a great support system etc. etc.  I have learned so much not only about nutrition and exercise, but also about myself.   Our group is so amazing and I have loved getting to know everyone and sharing tips, successes and disappointments.  (On that note, our family barbecue is still happening next Monday, April 25th at 6:00pm.  I will bring reminders with more details to class on Thursday.) 

I am looking forward to many more "AHA" moments in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I am sick and was not at class, but I read your blog. Are you still having your bbq? If so where, when and what time?

    ReplyDelete