Friday, April 22, 2011

Why I Haven't Joined the Circus

1) I wouldn't look too hot in a leotard (well, not yet anyway)
2) The smell
3) I still have a lot of work to do in the balance department (so I would probably fall off the tightrope).  At our nutrition class last week (?)  Mindy gave us a pie chart to have us fill out about how much time we spend on certain things throughout our weeks.  Mine was not so balanced. 
4) I'm horrible at juggling. It seems like there is always one proverbial ball that is heavier than the rest.  Right now, my exercise and nutrition ball is the heavy one.  It is a wonderful and necessary thing to focus on, but I'm realizing that I need to figure out how to fit in all of my other responsibilities and not drop any balls.  I certainly don't want to take weight away from the nutrition and exercise ball, I just need to figure out how to strengthen myself enough to add weight to the other ones.  I have had glimpses into the fact that I can achieve this, but I haven't mastered it quite yet (o.k.  I actually have a long way to go).  I did have one fabulous week where I was able to stay on top of everything, but slowly extra things have crept in and I feel behind in a couple of areas again (or maybe that one fabulous week just did me in!).  It just seems like when one thing is going really great, other areas suffer and I don't like that!  For example, Darin and I are getting so much time together (exercising together at the gym + travel time + nutrition class + having a common goal) and we feel so connected.  But other areas of my life are suffering.  I know I can't do it all.  I know I need to sit down and prioritize my life and do the most important things with purpose.  I will end this post with two of my favorite quotes (and then go get some stuff done!):


"Do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done with a cheerful heart."  (Marjorie Pay Hinckley)

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do.  Not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do has increased." (Heber J. Grant) (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

No comments:

Post a Comment